Monday, March 1, 2010

TRAINING TO WIN - PART 2


1 Timothy 4:8
"Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come."
I remember being a high school student and attending our youth retreats.  It was always an amazing experience.  I remember experiencing God in my quiet time and my worship was at another level.  I was on fire for God!!!  But then something always happened.... I returned home.  I always told myself that nothing would change, but it always did.  But why?  It wasn’t until my senior year that I finally figured it out and it was primarily because my youth pastor pointed it out.  
When I was at a camp or retreat, I removed myself from my normal routines, environments and distractions.  And all week I was reading God’s Word, praying, listening to God, and worshipping God.  Basically I was starving the flesh and feeding the spirit.  But when I got home from the retreat it usually took two weeks before I was back to my old routine.
My challenge to you is to start a new routine, and today’s challenge is reading the Bible.  I challenge you to read the Bible daily.  When I was a student, unfortunately, the only time I opened my Bible (regularly) was when my youth pastor read from it at our youth services.  But that changed my senior year when he challenged me to read God’s Word daily.  And I was able to make it a new routine.  Good habits are as hard to break as bad habits.  So just make a habit to read God’s Word.
Check back soon as I give some more ideas on “Training to Win”.
For more “Training to Win” ideas, check out www.iwontoday.com.  My youth pastor is the founder of “I Won Today Ministries”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More